The Judith A Bassett Canid Education & Conservation Center (JABCECC) is a non-profit charity located in Santa Ysabel, California. The center is dedicated to educating the public about canids (members of the dog family) and promoting their conservation. It is home to famous Belyaev Russian domesticated foxes, as well as other canids such as New Guinea wild singing dogs and wolves.
Visitors to the center can have unique experiences with these animals, although it is only open by appointment and not available for walk-ins. According to reviews, the staff at JABCECC are knowledgeable and friendly, and the animals are well-cared for. The center is located in a beautiful location, although the address listed on Google Maps is incorrect and it can be difficult to find.
It is recommended to follow the email directions or call ahead for directions to the center. Overall, visitors have had positive experiences at JABCECC and have enjoyed the opportunity to interact with the animals and learn about canids from the knowledgeable staff.
This is a very cool location. Beautiful. The staff is amazing and knowledgeable and good with people of all ages. They were helpful in giving us directions and we were able to meet some amazing animals. We got to meet a New Guinea wild singing dog, a wolf, and many beautiful sweet natured foxes.
-Google maps address is wrong and it takes you into town. The actual address is further East in a beautiful location up a mountain road.
-If you use Waze, it takes you down a dirt road with a cliff to the side, which is NOT the correct direction. When booking follow the email directions or call ahead.
Loved this place ! Very informative and fun for our small party of 3. The hosts were very friendly, knowledgeable, and engaging. Beautiful property and beautiful canids !!
I took my fox loving husband to JABCECC for his birthday and we had such a good time. Getting hands-on time with the foxes, wolf and singing dogs was such a fun and unique experience!
- What is the mission of the Judith A Bassett Canid Education & Conservation Center (JABCECC)? The mission of the JABCECC is to educate the public about canids and promote their conservation.
- What animals can be found at the JABCECC? The JABCECC is home to famous Belyaev Russian domesticated foxes, as well as other canids such as New Guinea wild singing dogs and wolves.
- Can visitors walk in to the JABCECC or do they need to make an appointment? Visitors to the JABCECC need to make an appointment in advance and walk-ins are not available.
- How can I get directions to the JABCECC? It is recommended to follow the email directions or call ahead for directions to the JABCECC. Please note that the address listed on Google Maps is incorrect.
- Address: 21977 CA-79 #671, Santa Ysabel, CA 92070, Estados Unidos
- Phone: +1 760-224-9392