Alliance Community Health Care Center is a full continuum of care retirement community located in DeLand, Florida. The facility is beautiful and the employees, who provide skilled nursing services, inpatient and outpatient therapy, and other services, are highly dedicated and hardworking. However, they are unfortunately underpaid, with aides earning only $11 an hour.
Despite this, the employees at Alliance provide excellent care and service to residents and their guests, including preparing and serving high-quality meals with care and attention. One resident who received rehab at Alliance was very satisfied with the care she received and particularly enjoyed the meals provided. The caregiver of this resident was also impressed with the helpful and courteous staff at Alliance, including those in the independent living area, which offers two meals a day and activities for residents who desire more independence than assisted living. However, the reviewer’s experience with the assisted living and nursing home at Alliance was not as positive.
The assisted living rooms are large and reasonably priced, but at the time the reviewer’s sister was a resident, there was no locked memory care assisted living available. When the sister became ill and was labeled a wanderer after trying to return to her assisted living room, she was moved to the nursing home, which was very expensive and did not include many additional amenities.
The first bill for the nursing home included nearly $2500 in additional charges on top of the regular $7500 per month charge. When the reviewer’s sister was later moved to a new location, she was in poor condition and had been overmedicated, according to the reviewer. The reviewer also had difficulty obtaining a prescription for Valium to help with transportation when moving the sister to a new location.
List of services
- Skilled nursing services: These are professional healthcare services provided by trained nurses, such as administering medication, wound care, and other medical treatments.
- Inpatient therapy: This refers to therapy services provided to residents who are staying in the facility on a temporary basis, such as after an illness or surgery.
- Outpatient therapy: This refers to therapy services provided to residents who are able to return home after receiving treatment, but need ongoing therapy to continue their recovery.
- Independent living: This is a type of retirement community where residents have their own private living quarters and can enjoy a more independent lifestyle, with access to amenities such as meals and activities.
- Assisted living: This is a type of retirement community where residents have their own private living quarters but also receive assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and medication management.
- Memory care: This is a type of assisted living specifically designed for individuals with memory impairments, such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Long-term care: This refers to a range of healthcare services provided to individuals who require ongoing care due to a chronic illness or disability.
Contact information for Alliance Community Health Care Center:
- Address: 300 East Euclid Ave, DeLand, FL 32724
- Phone number: (386) 734-5111